Agents

I hate marketing properties, I hate talking to potential buyers, I hate worrying about all the listing sites. So I’ve been considering using real estate agents as a marketing manager isn’t practical for me at this stage of my business. And the podcast with Travis King really made me want to take action with this. But I have a hang up. I try to double close everything so I only have “equitable interest” when marketing. Does anyone have tips on how to find agents who will list properties with equitable interest? Do I just have to message/call and ask if they will list equitable interest? I know it can be dependent on location and the local MLS rules as well. The other thing is what percentage are people paying vacant land listing agents. I’ve heard mention of 10% all the way to 50% so don’t know what a good rate is when vetting agents.
Thanks!

@randi that’s a fair question. I understand why you’re asking. I’ve never explored this so I can’t speak from experience, but I’m fairly confident most agents wouldn’t entertain this.

Even if it doesn’t break any rules (and I have a feeling it might), it feels like something too far outside the “normal” box for most agents to tackle.

Similar to how so many title companies won’t touch double closings or assignments. Not because the deals aren’t closeable, but because they simply choose not to. Whether it’s too complicated or confusing, or they simplify have misunderstandings about their legality.

I don’t mean to discourage you from looking into this further. I actually hope you do and I hope you find an agent who finds a way to do this for you, that would be very encouraging news for all of us. I just have a hunch this will be a tough nut to crack.

Let us know what you find out!

1 Like

@donyost funny you mentioned double closings as this is pretty much what I exclusively do. I have managed to find a title company to double close every state I have invested. I also know an agent that works with properties under contract but have never looked for them specifically and the one I knew doesn’t work in an area I need. But your mention of double closes gives me hope that it’s just a matter of effort to find what I’m looking for. So thank you! I’ll try to remember to update on what I find.