Are Delinquent Tax Lists Still Useful for Finding Flips?

Hi, I have done a few flips over the last 6 years. I started using delinquent tax lists to find deals. I don’t hear much about these lists on podcasts or forums anymore. Do you still use them, and if not why? And what do you use? Thanks!

@noellelleon I still use them from time to time. Usually when I’m working in a new market and I want to increase my likelihood of experiencing a win there.

These lists are not the path of least resistance, which is why many people skip them. Even though they work, many county offices are hard to work with and the lists are a mess to sort through, but they’re great at uncovering opportunities if you’re willing to go through the work of dealing with them.

You’ll also probably find there are more junk properties on these lists, so that’s another thing you should be ready for. There are great properties too, but you’ll have to use a critical eye when looking at properties that have gone delinquent for a good reason.

@noellelleon what @charlotteirwin said.

We interviewed Logan Fullmer recently, and he uses delinquent tax lists to intentionally seek out properties with title issues (and I can say from experience you’ll find plenty of these on a delinquent tax list).

Because of these title issues, he can buy them at huge discounts, and it makes a ton of sense for him because he knows how to fix those issues.

It can take quite a bit of time and a bit of expertise to figure some of those issues out, but there is some BIG money to be made if you’re willing to deal with them.

As Charlotte was getting at, I think this is part of why some people don’t bother with the delinquent tax list: they don’t want or know how to iron out these wrinkles. It’s also one area where you can differentiate yourself and avoid the 99% of other real estate investors unwilling to do this kind or work, whether it’s vacant land or any other type of property.

That Logan Fullmer interview was :fire: