Best phone system for international land investors?

Planning on moving overseas, so I’ve been doing a bit of research on which phone system can best accommodate me.

So far I’ve learned that Grasshopper is NOT a good fit because international calls (with or without a VPN) can trigger their system resulting in an automatic account ban without any warning whatsoever. I’ve also looked into Openphone, but they have horrendous customer support. Tried Dialpad, but wasn’t impressed with extra costs for toll free and faxing.

Can anyone who’s currently investing internationally shed some light on this?

@yuriscarr I think I’ve heard @Arturo mention he uses Nextiva and I’ve heard good things about it from a few others.

You can find a couple other threads where this general topic was discussed a bit more:
https://retipster.com/forum/topic/1319/problems-with-openphone-looking-for-alternatives
https://retipster.com/forum/topic/1208/ring-central-alternatives

I don’t think it was framed up in the context of international-only real estate investors, but you may find some insights there nonetheless.

1 Like

@yuriscarr Hi!
As mentioned by @retipsterseth, I use Nextiva and even if I’m sure there are other options out there that can work pretty well, I believe Nextiva perfectly fits the needs of any out of Country Land investor (I am Italian).
The plan I subscribed costs $ 36.33/month and include a local number of your choice (unlimited calls), a toll number and a fax (receive/send) that you can use directly from your workstation. And if the caller leaves a message, you can listen to it from your phone and you’re also notified with an email including his number and the message itself.![alt text](image url)
The creation of your call flaw is super intuitive as it is graphically represented on your page and extremely flexible as you can recall and change it anytime by adding or removing legs, changing voice messages, business hours etc. Down here a photo of my flow taken from my page, for you to understand what I mean.
Finally, the customer service is very responsive and you can find tutorials on youtube in case you need them.

that

4 Likes

@arturo Thanks. Glad to hear it’s working well for you. I’ll check it out.

1 Like

@arturo whoa! That graphic illustration is pretty cool! I didn’t realize it painted such a clear picture. I wish all phone systems did that. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

This is awesome information. Thank you!

1 Like

Update: I just signed up for a 7 day trial with Nextiva.

So far their customer support seems a bit off. I spoke with a sales rep who immediately pressured me to sign up for the more expensive $70/month plan without giving me a good reason as to why. He just kept saying that “most of his customers want XYZ”, therefore I should get it.

Then I kept getting transferred around to different people who didn’t seem to know what they were talking about. Finally, I got to tech support and received a quick rundown of everything. I really like the interface and features, especially the call flow chart.

I am from Canada and use Grasshopper. Not using a VPN and grasshopper is working perfectly fine for me. Furthermore, there customer service is awesome!

@daanish78 When I called support they told me that calls in/out of North America should be fine, but not overseas in places like Europe, Asia, etc.

1 Like

@yuriscarr Sorry to hear that, wish I could be of more help. Good luck pal

Another update: Decided to cancel my 7 day trial, and it was like pulling teeth to get Nextiva to delete my account. Going to give Dialpad a shot because they have all the features I need at only a slightly higher price and excellent customer service.

@yuriscarr I’m from Canada and I’ve been using Vumber for 6 months now and so far is very satisfied with their service. I’m paying $9.95 per month and i get up to 2 Local or Toll Free Numbers, 500 minutes, and 500 text messages.

@michaelw-w That’s awesome!!

@yuriscarr and @Arturo , do you guys use VPN when making calls via Nextiva or DialPad, while overseas?

@nhv no, VPN not needed.