Documentation for self closing

In Florida.
Looking for the advice on the closing process on a home I am selling as a Fixer upper. Would it be a contract for deed? What would I need to file at the courthouse as far as documents to be notarized?

@mlayfield are you trying to sell the property with owner financing or a cash sale, or is your buyer getting their financing from a bank?

A contract for deed (aka - land contract) is what some investors use in some states for the purpose of closing a sale with owner financing. Even if that’s what you’re trying to do, that still doesn’t mean it’s the correct document to use in Florida.

You might want to start by contacting a local realtor just to ask them, “What’s kind of loan instrument is typically used when people sell properties with owner financing?” They can’t give you any legal advice, but still, I’m sure they can give you some workable information.

When you’re ready to close, you might want to contact an attorney to make sure you’re heading down the right path with the right documents.