Good South Dakota title company?

Hi. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good title company or companies in SD? Also are there any gotchas I should look out for when buying and selling in this state? Thank you.

@leonh I am curious as my family owns rental properties in the Sioux Falls, SD area and I’ve thought about flipping land there. For title company recommendations, you may want to try and connect with a local Real Estate Investment Association that may be able to steer you towards an investor-friendly title company.

@leonh are you trying to do anything fancy like an assignment or double closing or are you just looking for someone to close straight-up cash transactions?

If it’s the latter, any title company should be able to handle this for you. Just do a google search for “title company in South Dakota” and you’ll find plenty of options.

If you are looking for something that requires a bit more competence, you could just give them a call and ask if they’re able to handle the type of scenario you’re thinking of. Even if their answer is “no”, they should be able to tell you pretty quickly.

Thanks you both Scott and Seth! Great advise! I’m just doing a simple buy and then resell for this deal. I did find a title company that works nationwide that is giving me good pricing for that. They won’t do assignments though, so I’ll use your guys advise if I need to go that way in the future.