Hello from Canada + Questions

Hi Everyone!

My name is Vicky and I’m based in Canada on the west coast.

I have been researching on land investing courses for a few weeks now and I really like Seth’s style and comprehensiveness. I work full-time and have a couple of rentals locally, but for the market I am in is pretty much the capital appreciation game. My goal is to develop another source of income and eventually be able get out of the ‘rat race’ working for someone else. I’m also excited to be part of a entrepreneurial minded community as in my close network, many are focused on ‘getting the next better job’.

There are a few things I’d like to find out:

• Does the course cover materials specific to setting up the business for out of country investors and the related costs?
  • What are some specific roadblocks/challenges I should be aware of being a remote investor?
  • What’s your outlook for risks and returns this year and as the economy heads towards a recession? What are your thoughts on any upcoming challenges, such as disposing inventory?
  • Last but not least, this is the one I haven’t seemed to get a good answer for: Why are there so many people teaching land investment? Is land investing itself a sustainable profitable business?

Thank you! Looking forward to connecting/learning in this community!

Vicky

@vicky Hi Vicky! Welcome to the REITipster community. I recently joined starting this year aspiring to get out if the 9-5 as well. I have taken some courses and worked with some mentors along with watching a lot of Seth’s videos and listening to podcasts. They are all very helpful. I am currently looking for others to work with on this journey. If you want to to connect I would be happy to work with you! :slight_smile:

Allison

@vicky I’m not sure but perhaps you have an edge with being able to contact owners in Canada that most US-based dealers won’t mail to.