Hey y'all!

I just wanted to take a moment to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Jeremy, and I’ll be teaming up with my wife of 18 years, Liz. We’re based in Tennessee, just north of Nashville. I’ve spent the last few years listening to podcasts and reading blog posts from Seth, Jack Bosch, and BiggerPockets. I’m a locksmith by trade, and she’s an autism therapist, and we have gotten to the point where we’re just tired of trading hours for dollars. There never seems to be enough of either! We decided to pull the trigger on the Masterclass, and we’re hoping this will be the springboard into bigger and better things.
I am currently nibbling and digesting the course material, and getting some of the early steps locked down. Signed up for Google Voice, got a PO box, and working on a rudimentary buying website currently. I’m trying to stick to a cheap or free price tag until we get up and running and can prove the concept. If anyone has any advice in that area, or any tips for complete newbs, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you in advance, and look forward to talking to y’all!

@levin79 hi and welcome! You made the best choice taking the Masterclass course. I am Italian, currently living in Rome (but I’ve lived aborad for quite few years till Oct 21). I started to flip land in Apr 2021 and, looking back, I’m happy of the results I achieved so far and I look forward to becoming a better investor and growing my business in the next years. It’s not always a walk in the park and the unexpected is always behind the corner. I personally faced a couple of situations where I found my self asking: “And now, what can I do to fix this?”. The good thing is that there’s always an answer to all your doubts or concerns and this forum is one of the best places to find it. Generally speaking, the land community is a very welcoming one and many skilled land investors are genuinally willing to help.
My 2 cents? As @hzonder from the Land MBA loves to repeat:“start small, dream big, scale fast”. And most importantly, slow down if necessary, but never ever quit (for me, consistency and commitment are the keys).
This is a wonderful game and you are the only one deciding whether it can be also a life changing one or not: if you want it to be, sure it will :wink: .
Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Arturo

1 Like

@levin79 welcome to the forum! I’m glad you’re here with us.

I was very much like you in the beginning (I didn’t have much money, and I was shooting for the free/cheapest options for everything). You won’t have to think this way forever, but it’s a decent thought process when starting out. It’ll keep you lean until you don’t need to be anymore. :slight_smile:

I look forward to seeing how you make progress in your business!

1 Like

@levin79 welcome. You are in good company.