New Venture

Hey Everyone,

My name is Shawn Hanna, I live in Olympia, WA. I work full time as an electrician and support a family of four. I just finished up a yearlong house flipping deal that went a little sideways. I bought a fixer in Tacoma, WA city limits with the intent to rehab it and subdivide the property. I accomplished that and was able to sell the house and land individually. Where it went a little sideways is the time I held it for and the market dropping. Also, I started that project with a partner and finished without one. I calculated making 75k and walked away with 10k. It was my first pure investment property. I’ve remodeled the past two homes that I’ve lived in. All in all, I consider it a success. I came out ahead, made contacts and learned a ton. I was prepping for my next project when I stumbled upon the idea of land flipping.

I first heard about land flipping from Bigger Pockets Podcast show 39 with Seth. I was instantly intrigued/hooked. It sounded too good to be true. I did some research and decided to dive in. I just purchased the master class. I’ve already got my business set up, will create my buying website and set up a phone system this week. My goal for this year is one deal a month averaging 10k a deal. I don’t know if this is practical at this point, but I always shoot for the stars.

Welcome @mintproperties!

Whether you profit $10k per month in your first year or not, who can say, but it’s definitely possible.

Did you sell the vacant parcel that you subdivided from your last flip through a realtor? A local realtor who knows land well in your market could help you scale your business.

1 Like

@mintproperties welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing a bit of your story and goals with us as well. I’m glad you found your way here. :slight_smile:

Land flipping is definitely a different game than rehabbing houses, mostly in a good way. :slight_smile:

I can’t wait to hear more about your progress as you continue diving in!

@dl7573

I used the same realtor for buying and selling everything on that deal. He was an excellent buying agent, not the greatest selling agent. Definitely not well versed in land.