Tips/ Things to Watch Out For When Buying Heavily-Wooded Plots?

Hello,

I am looking at an area with lots of heavily-wooded parcels (seems to be mostly tall pines) near a lake. Some of the listings of nearby plots say there is water and electric available, so I’m not so worried about utilities. I just wanted to know if there was anything to look out for or things I should be aware of when buying heavily-wooded lots, including things to watch out for when doing due diligence, troubles I might have finding buyers, how to market it, etc. Thanks!

Ryan

@rmiller1291 I’ve worked with a lot of wooded lots and I rarely encounter any show-stopping problems as a result of the trees. Usually the problems come about because of other things (in the case of a lot near water, I would be more concerned with wetlands and flooding).

Trees can be taken down easily enough by me or the future buyer if needed. This isn’t free, but if they present a problem, at least it’s a fixable problem.

1 Like

@rmiller1291
Morning Ryan,
In wooded lots be careful about homeowners associations that may limit or demand some special type of action.

A phone call to the state dept of resources may help put your mind at ease. I have had problems with some subspecies that may limit clearing. I often use a consulting forester. Especially here in Western Washington State. That said these are parcels I go after. Tree Pimp