When is it time to give up?

Does anyone have any thoughts about when it’s time to quit something that isn’t working?

House wholesaling has been kicking my butt lately and I’m thinking about throwing in the towel on it. Then I get to thinking, am I just not trying hard enough? Is my next great deal just around the corner and I’m walking away from a great future if I walk away?

How do you all determine when you’ve tried hard enough and it’s time to pull the plug and move on? I just don’t want to make a mistake.

@donyost it’s a good question. Something many of us have to wrestle with, I think. I don’t know if I have the answer for your situation, but I do know that quitting things is a perfectly normal part of every successful person’s journey. Everyone has to figure out what they fit into, and sometimes we need to call a spade a spade. At some point, continuing to hammer away at things that aren’t working is just idiocy... the question is, where is that line?

Perhaps it’s a question of how many different approaches you’ve tried in making this work (have you truly exhausted all the options?), how much fuel (money, energy, enthusiasm) you have left in the tank, and how much you really enjoy the house wholesaling business in the first place.

I’ve found I can overcome A LOT of difficulties if I really love the fundamentals of what I’m doing... but if I hardly even enjoy the business in the first place, I shouldn’t expect to last very long.

2 Likes