Questions regarding logistics and cost effectiveness of outsourcing scrubbing a list

This question is for @Jarenb7 or anyone who outsources scrubbing out properties from their list that have no access, covered in wetlands, poor topography, adjacent vacant parcels that are part of an existing homestead/farm where someone is obviously living in their primary residence, etc. I’m particularly looking for only attributes that can be scrubbed out by looking at each individual property on a mapping software system.

My specific questions are:

1. What service do you use for a VA - Landmasters, Upwork, Fiverr, other?

2. Do you give your VA your login/password to mapping tools like Datatree, Mapright, etc? If not, how does your VA lookup properties on a mapping software to scrub out undesirable properties?

3. What have you found the cost effectiveness of this approach to be? Do you save in mailing costs for the amount you pay a VA to scrub this stuff out for you? For example, if you have a list of 10,000 properties how many properties are scrubbed out and how much do you pay your VA to do this?

Thank you all in advance for your time and feedback on this topic.

@dustinrudolph

Thanks for reaching out!

I’m using my own company VirtualOutsource.io

Our website isn’t open to the public yet but we’re starting to take on beta users.

Our VAs have access to MapRight and they’re already trained on how to scrub lists.

You can customize exactly how you want your scrubbing team to vet properties, but they’re 90% of the way there already.

I save TONS of money doing this!

If I have a list of 10,000 total properties the qualified-to-total properties scrubbed varies depending on the state.

For example, in Florida the ratio is 1 qualified to 2 total properties scrubbed.

So 10,000 total properties would give you about 5,000 mailable properties.

Tennessee, on the other hand, is 1:4.

So 10,000 total properties would roughly produce 2,500 mailable properties.

Hope that makes sense!

If you want more info I’m happy to take you on as a beta user if it works for you!

Feel free to send me a DM with any thoughts, questions, or concerns.

2 Likes

@jarenb7 Thank you for the information. I’d definitely like to connect with you and ask more questions. I was unable to DM you because you need to follow me apparently. If you can do so let’s connect!

1 Like

@jarenb7 I’m SUPER excited to hear more about your outsourcing service!

HEYYY @dustinrudolph - long time no talk! If you’re using Pebble, I’ll let you know you no longer need to remove duplicates, and we batch all properties up on a single letter, even make a TOTAL offer or ranged offer for that portfolio of properties which makes it even more incentivizing for your sellers to work with you.

Just a FYI :slight_smile:

1 Like

@jarenb7 if you need any more beta’s let me know as would love to be a part of this! Fred

@jarenb7 said in Questions regarding logistics and cost effectiveness of outsourcing scrubbing a list:

a

I am very interested in your list scrubbing service! Can you message me please?

@dustinrudolph I scrub maybe 30-40% off of my lists before mailing, and then also don’t have to talk to those people on the back end. My time is limited so I’m both happy to pay to outsource this as well as happy not to deal with crappy properties on the back end.

I’ve been using Landmasters, and they did ok for a while but I’m looking to change now. If you find some place good please let me know!

@freesiapropco Hey, good to hear about your scrubbing details. I agree with getting rid of properties you’re not interested in on the front end, especially if they aren’t what you’re looking for anyway. I do all my own scrubbing so far but am exploring outsourcing this task. It takes up a lot of my time for sure.

@jessey Hey Jessey! Good to hear from you. Thanks for the info. I currently use Airtable and am happy with things, but I’ll keep this info in mind in case things change for me in the future!

Hey @gablesland,

Let’s talk! Send me an email at [email protected] and we’ll schedule a Zoom call to go over the details.

Hi @freesiapropco!

Sure thing! I just sent you a DM.

It’s probably easiest to reach out to me via [email protected].

But let’s get something set up, would love to discuss things in detail and bring you onboard if you find it a good fit.